Apache Directory needs to be disabled for various reasons. To disable Apache directory listing on your website try the following steps.
In a non-cPanel CentOS server
1. Locate your httpd.conf file. Normally it is located at /usr/local/apache/conf or /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
2. Open the httpd.conf file in text editor and search for the following line
Options Includes Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
3.Remove the word Indexes and the above line look like this
Options Includes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
4. Save modified httpd.conf and restart Apache
service httpd restart
Now the directory listing will be disabled.
In a cPanel server
1. Login to your cPanel.
2. Goto Index Manager.(In search box type index manager).
3. The directory list will be shown down. Select the directory you want to turn off directory listing.
4. Select No Indexing and click save.
5. The directory listing will be disabled now.